New Opportunity - $500 Travel Stipend
The Dr. Harry Zeltzer Travel Stipend
Interested in organizing your first VOSH trip? VOSH-ONE would love to support you! We are now
offering $500 travel stipends to VOSH-ONE members who are organizing their first VOSH-ONE trip.
VOSH missions can be very rewarding, but organizing a mission is not an easy task to undertake. VOSH-ONE would like to encourage and support new VOSH trip leaders by offering a $500 travel stipend to VOSH-ONE members who are planning their first eyecare mission. Recipients of the travel stipend will be paired with an experienced VOSH-ONE member who will act as a mentor to support the recipient during their trip planning process. VOSH-ONE hopes that this small stipend and mentorship will help ease the burden of planning a first trip.
Note: Whether you qualify for the VOSH-ONE stipend or not, VOSH-ONE is here to help support you in planning any of your eyecare missions. Please reach out to us if you would like to be paired with a mentor or if you have any questions.
VOSH-ONE Dr.Harry Zeltzer Travel Stipend Requirements:
- The applicant must be a VOSH-ONE member. New members welcome. Join today by clicking the "Donate or Join" button below (further down on this page).
- The applicant must be the primary organizer or co-organizer of the proposed eye care mission and/or be training to be the organizer of a future trip. This trip must be the first mission for which the applicant is the primary organizer or organizer in training.
- The applicant must be able to provide the name of a liaison who will be helping facilitate the trip from within the country being traveled to.
- At least 200 people/patients must be serviced during the mission.
- The applicant must write a short report to be included in the VOSH-ONE newsletter following completion of their trip.
**Students do not qualify for this stipend, but new grads welcome to apply.
VOSH-ONE Dr. Harry Zeltzer Travel Stipend Application