New England Chapter of VOSH
What we are all about...
Volunteer Optometric Services to Humanity of New England (VOSH-ONE) is a group of volunteer optometrists, ophthalmologists, opticians, and others who support and encourage volunteer efforts to limit preventable blindness. We are dedicated to providing eye care to people all over the world who would not otherwise have access to eye health care or glasses. We are an official non-profit organization with 501c3 status.
When: Fall 2019 - Exact date TBA
The New England College of Optometry
424 Beacon Street
Boston, MA 02115
Join us for great discussion on past and future volunteer eye care mission trips to places all over the world, and meet local like-minded individuals who want to get involved and help give back.
New Opportunity - $500 Travel Stipend
Interested in organizing your first VOSH trip? VOSH-ONE would love to support you! We are now
offering $500 travel stipends to VOSH-ONE members who are organizing their first VOSH-ONE trip.
VOSH missions can be very rewarding, but organizing a mission is not an easy task to undertake. VOSH-ONE would like to encourage and support new VOSH trip leaders by offering a $500 travel stipend to VOSH-ONE members who are planning their first eyecare mission. Recipients of the travel stipend will be paired with an experienced VOSH-ONE member who will act as a mentor to support the recipient during their trip planning process. VOSH-ONE hopes that this small stipend and mentorship will help ease the burden of planning a first trip.
Note: Whether you qualify for the VOSH-ONE stipend or not, VOSH-ONE is here to help support you in planning any of your eyecare missions. Please reach out to us if you would like to be paired with a mentor or if you have any questions.
VOSH-ONE Travel Stipend Requirements:
- The applicant must be a VOSH-ONE member. New members welcome. Join today by clicking the "Donate or Join" button below (further down on this page).
- The applicant must be the primary organizer or co-organizer of the proposed eye care mission and/or be training to be the organizer of a future trip. This trip must be the first mission for which the applicant is the primary organizer or organizer in training.
- The applicant must be able to provide the name of a liaison who will be helping facilitate the trip from within the country being traveled to.
- At least 200 people/patients must be serviced during the mission.
- The applicant must write a short report to be included in the VOSH-ONE newsletter following completion of their trip.
**Students do not qualify for this stipend, but new grads welcome to apply.
VOSH-ONE $500 Travel Stipend Application
Donate or join today!
© Copyright VOSH-ONE